Old 07-30-2012, 06:35 PM
nurseknitsLaura

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
So today I get a call from my friend who is at the Habitat ReStore here, and she's telling

I told them to price it at $150....but to be willing to take as little as $75 for it. I also told them that to prevent other sales like my friend got there a couple of weeks ago, where she bought a really nice short bed, mocha 301 in a cabinet for $5, to give me a call before they price sewing machines! Also told them to let me know when they get them in and I'll service them for free...

I'm not as nice as they think I am tho... Gives me a chance to play with machines without buying them, and if they get a really good one, it gives me first shot at it!! Yes Fans.....there's method to my madness!!!
Yup, thats why I volunteer at a place that takes used sewing machines as donations. PLAYTIME! Because even with building out the garage, I don't have room to own everything I see...I have yet to come up with a shelving option that I like AND has a degree of earthquake proofness. And, well, I own rather a lot of fabric......so volunteering servicing machines is really fun for me! Laura