View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 AM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
Way back in January I decided to have a moratorium on fabric purchases after rearranging my stash. I just couldn't believe I had so much fabric. Well, here it is the end of July, 7 months have gone by, and I have successfully kept to my decision. I was just wondering if anyone else had made the same decision and if so, were you successful in that decision so far.
I reorganized my stash and put it on foam core boards at the end of June. I too was amazed at how much fabric I have. I have 3 five shelf book cases full and 3 large tubs that wouldn't fit on the shelves. I put myself on a fabric diet that week. I have been to my favorite LQS only once and that was to buy some muslin that I needed for my Biscuit quilt. I delete emails that come from fabric enablers before they are even read. I still browse the sales here on QB but I have been a very good girl!! I know it has only been a month but I am proud of myself!

Alas, my will power will be tempted tomorrow though. My friend from Florida is coming to stay for a couple of days. I taught him how to sew and quilt a couple of years ago and haven't seen him for that long. I want to take him to my LQS as he has never been to it. He too is afflicted with the fabric buying disease. I will do my best to remain strong!!