View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 08:48 AM
bibi

You can use them either cut up or pureed to pulp in many recipes. Add them to your pancake/waffle mix; add them toscrambled eggs, hamburger dishes, etc. Of course if you can harvest them smaller they are superbfried (sliced) with onions in olive oil, or with tomatoes, sautéed without anyshortening; stuffed with meat and rice. using a small knife or spoon to scoop out the pulp. Place the stuffed vegetables in a pot add water and cook on low heat until all ingredients are done. But you can also stuff them as wassuggested sliced in half like boats. Any stuffing will do including mushroom orbread stuffing. This way you can bake them in oven and springle with cheese.
My favorite way to prepare them is pureed in the blender and then used in zucchinichocolate bread. I use twice as much zucchinis as the typical recipe asks forand add absolutely no shortening of any kind. I just go by looks of the batter(very soft but not running) and add cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg, allspiceand cocoa, ground nuts, oat bran, flax seed, 4 eggs, sugar, unbleached flour,baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and chocolate chips. I always make 2loaves at the same time, one for eating and one for freezing. Regarding thebatter amount of ingredients is determined on how batter looks and feels. Iagree with others chop up or puree your zucchinis and freeze for later use.Zucchini bread is the best, moist, slightly crunchy, great flavor and most ofall for a sweet not that bad for you.