View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Robinlee

I just complete one with 22 t-shirts for $15.00 a shirt ($330.00- this included thread, interfacing and my labor), plus the cost of batting, backing fabric, label with their picture - optional), long arm quilting, shipping w/insurance = total equal $505.00. They sent me $150.00 down payment when I received t's and she has sent me the balance. I will return quilt with an added bag to carry to football games etc... as an added bonus. I will upload a picture when I get foldover edge completed in the next couple days. Can't wait to do my next one.
This was for a lady in Texas, we had a mutual friend that ask if I might be interested - I live in North Dakota. It worked out great. I sent her an email with what I would charge and all the stuff that it included and what would need to added with prices. I included some various pictures of t'shirt quilts and what a approximate price might be if she chose one of them. So it was her decision if she wanted to have me make it before I started. If she didn't, I was out nothing. It was a win win for both of us.

Originally Posted by PlanoDebbie View Post
I'm finding a good market in t-shirt quilts. Since it's more of a personal item, people are willing to spend the money on it. Just finished my 3rd one. I charge $16/shirt. For an average quilt of 20 shirts I get paid $320. Only took me two days to prep and assemble the whole quilt top. Hopefully I can set it up on my longarm next weekend to finish it.