View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:24 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

location matters- also you should visit sites that offer handmade (vs commercially manufactured) quilts for sale & see what people are asking- also look at the ones that have sold- just because someone priced their quilt at a certain amount doesn't mean they sold it for that-
there is a website called-
quiltsforsale- check them out-
also etsy-
those are the 2 i know of there are probably lots more- also quilt shops often sell store display quilts when patterns or fabric lines are no longer available- see what they are going for- what may sell for $350 in one place may easily sell for $750 somewhere else- location matters
also Etsy -those are the 2 i know of- there are probably many more-
also check on-line and local quilt shops- for links to 'quilts for sale' often they sell their store display's when the pattern or fabric line is no longer available- or they are simply moving on- they generally charge what the market value is-
check the local guild- see who else is selling & what their prices are like.
a (crafty-rule of thumb standard) is 3x materials- which includes, fabrics, batting, thread, patterns, quilting- what ever you put into it- this sometimes works- sometimes needs to be adjusted up or down- but it is just an (average formula) used by many crafters- not necessarily quilters.and---location matters= what i may find sells well for $350 here may seem like a steal in a city somewhere- what i sell for $750 in the city