Old 07-31-2012, 02:11 PM
QultingaddictUK

I used to be in the Hotel trade, besides being a Chef and on taking over a very old Pub/Hotel at Hampton Court I was lucky enough to get two Australian girls on their College "GAP" years. Golly did they teach me how to clean rooms so quickly and thoroughly but two of the tips they gave me I use, and get my Cleaners to use to this day.

The 1st one is never put bleach down your Toilet, take the top of the water cistern, give it a good clean as it will be full of muck n stuff left from water and then put the bleach directly into the cistern. It cleans all the rims, spray holes etc. and lasts for a few flushes instead of just one!

The other is absolutely brilliant for laying and getting rid of dust, especially in hot stuffy rooms. Buy a mop bucket and cheap mop, here in the UK we can get ones that the heads can come of and go into the washing machine to be cleaned. Put warm water with a dash of sweet smelling disinfectant, or other smelly stuff, rinse out you mop and wring out till it's just nice and damp but not dripping. Run the mop round the corners and tops of walls to get rid of cobwebs, tops of doors and any wall railings to get rid of dust. Rinse out the mop and leave it a little wetter and run it around your skirting boards and the floor edgings to get rid of dust that the hoover never gets too. Close door and make yourself a nice cool drink, go back into the room and enjoy the fresh fragrant smell. NEVER use the mop for anything else and wash regularly, do try it as it works a dream.