Thread: Day and Night
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 PM
ThreadHead

Default Day and Night

Originally Posted by angelaz View Post
I am working on this too! At the moment I am still cutting out the triangles. On her dvd she cuts so quickly and easily and gracefully. Even with a brand new rotary I am still having to stop and snip with the scissors. I am fearful how the piecing is going to go. I love the look of the pattern. Keep plugging away at it and let us see it finished.

AngelaZ
The first couple of blocks I did, I didn't like it, but the more blocks I added, the better it looked.
I cut a few strips out and sewed them together, 1/4 seam, I found that it was tight, NO room for error. The next piece I cut out was the 2 inch strip and i added just about 1/32 to 1/16th to it. (one stitch line) Instead of cutting an exact 2 inch, I moved the ruler over to the right, a tad, just where I could barely see the strip on the left side of the strip and they came out much better. I also found that if I started sewing from the small red, (center small circle) I could control matching the seams better. Spray starching as I went along also helped.

Last edited by ThreadHead; 07-31-2012 at 07:22 PM.