Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by sandybeach View Post
Maybe this is why I am in such a funk right now. I finished a "graduation" quilt for a guy I work with (for his son). It was a queen size. And while it was off at the LAQ's I used the leftovers to make a lap quilt which I also gave him. Then my son wanted me to replace a broken zipper in a pair of shorts, then my DDIL wanted me to make two baby quilts for two of her friends. I am currently in the middle of quilting the first baby quilt,and my short arm quilt machine is not working properly so I have to drive 90 miles one way to drop it off and then a week later to pick it up. DDIL also asked me if I would make her a quilt for her Walk for the Cure team (which I did last year and never even found out who won it or how much they made from the raffle). So I said no to that quilt. I may, if I have time and really want to, make a tote out of fabric with ladies with scarves on their heads. Plus I (and my son) remodeled my kitchen these past few months (new counter, backsplash, painted all the cabinets (me alone) and painted the walls (also me alone). So I guess I am just burned out right now.
Rest assured that those quilts made lotsa money!!!! How do I know? Because I have made them and people love to buy raffle tickets for quilts. Mine went at $5.00 for one ticket or 5 for $20.00.

They made a lot of money and I am just positive yours did too. Mine went for well over $2,000 each! See????? Edie