View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 AM
Bitzy One

I got some kerosene yesterday, my local ACE Hardware has TriFlow (4 oz) for $8. I did pull the hand wheel off at the beginning, just like taking the face plate off, oiling off the bobbin plate, etc. I got all moving except for the needle bar which is hung up I believe inside the back round cover at that big joint. Also, the bobbin won't move due to slight rust. It's rusty all through, but not terrible rust. Should I paint the bobbin case with the kerosene too?? I know it won't hurt the inside of the black major joint that's stuck. Will kerosene eat up the chrome? Just the outside is where I need to be careful? I DO NOT plan on painting this machine, I bought it cause its pretty.

"Float the shaft" - do you mean just saturate the part up inside next to the wheel? Also, I think the whole problem lies in the inside upper right big joint that won't move, so once it comes loose, I hope that takes care of the bobbin rotating. Tonite I'm taking it outside to paint the parts with kerosene. The smell is awful!