Thread: Kenmore machine
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 04:12 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
I also just got an old Kenmore, no idea about the age. ... it was given to me by a friend..........she didnt know much about it........it is dirty, and right now, when you spin the wheel, nothing moves...it also fees stiff..........I have no idea if its worth fixing or not.........any suggestions?
It always amazes me when someone asks if it's "worth" fixing before they've even cleaned the thing or oiled it or even looked it over.
Of course it's worth it. You got it for free. All it takes to start is some of your time and wee bit of effort.

But since you don't seem interested here's a suggestion. Box it up and send it to J Miller's half way house for unwanted sewing machines. It will be rehabilitated so it can get back out in society and find a home where it's loved and cherished.

Seriously, if you take a half hour and do some cleaning, pull the top off if comes off, or just give the machine a good look see you'll know what it's going to take to put it back in action. Probably just oil, and tightening the hand wheel clutch nob.

Joe