Old 08-01-2012, 04:36 AM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
How about when the fact that you quilt means you should also be available for everyone that wants clothes made, or something mended or hemmed??? I CAN do it all but DONT WANT to!! I also make purses for a change, but if someone wants one, they can pick from the ones I have done at the time...If I took orders and had to produce on a schedule, I wouldn't want to do it at all!
Hear!Hear!
If I see one more split pants seam or am asked to repair a cheaply made shirt or anything I will scream.. LOL Yes I make clothes for myself. No I DO NOT want to make clothes for anyone else now. No I do not want to make a wall hanging for that woman you like and I don't... LOL Sorry I actually had to do that and I hated every minute of it. I don't want to sew on buttons unless they are embellishments .
I actually want to start making art quilts but it seems I have a lists of Have To's a mile long. Like I do need to make myself some more dresses for the summer, and repair a friends quilt I have had for almost 2 years, and make purses I promised for a dog rescue auction,and,and and,... well you get the idea. Isn't it hard to change a life time habit of doing "work" before "play"?