View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Jenniky

Oh dear, No No we are not buying the house. We will be renting it from a real estate company. Its kinda of a unique situation. This is a community of brand new houses (not apartments) That are all for rent. All of the outside work (lawn care, snow removal, etc.) is taken care of by the real estate company. The houses are just being built and they are moving people in as they complete them. The particular house we were trying to get approved for is situated with a nice view of open fields behind it. Since the accident I can't really do much physical labor without causing myself more discomfort and pain. So the fact that we can be in an actual House, not apartment or condo and have the outside taken care of for us is a really big plus. It just cost too much extra to have people to come and do it for us all the time. But we didnt want to move into an apartment living or condo.

The reason this house has become our dream house is because. The layout of the floor plan is perfect for our needs. Its a brand new house with all new appliances and fixtures. No stairs going up or down. Washer and Dryer on the same level off the kitchen. No basement to deal with. I fell down those stairs once. I rarely go down them anymore, unless I absolutely have to. More goodness is that we will be the first ones to live in it. It is in a much better neighborhood and closer to shopping and dining out. And most importantly.. I won't have to go into Chicago anymore for my Veterans' Health Care. The VA Clinic with my primary doctor is like ten min. away. If I need hospital services, xrays, tests, etc. I will be going into Danville, IL. Much smaller hospital not a lot of traffic to deal with. My first impression when I went to check out the hospital on my own was really great. Just a more laid back situation then dealing with all the student doctors and such in Chicago. I could go on and on about all the great things we will be enjoying with this move. I have to say though I really felt like we had to jump through lots of paperwork to finally get approved. But we did it.

Last edited by Jenniky; 08-01-2012 at 09:25 AM.