Thread: Fabric Prices
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 AM
sewmary

I was just in my LQS last weekend. Prices have gone up from 9.90 (mostly) to 11.90 per yard. Fat quarters are 3.00 - which follows from the increase in yardage price. Clearance fabrics which used to be about $5.00/yd are now 6.00/yd to 7.00/yd.

I was looking for fabric for a small project for a preschool (or two)! The really cute fabric I wanted was 11.90/yd. I got the not-as-cute clearance fabric for 6.00/yd plus 10% off. I went to Joannes for the backing - it was still 4.99/yd with 20% off total price coupon.

I do buy online but I now watch the total price - shipping seems to be ever on the rise also and I hate to be put in the position of buying more to get "free shipping" (nothing is free - it is buried in the price somewhere!). So I am careful not to be persuaded by a "sale" price which turns out to be not that good of a sale.

Oh - almost forgot: I shop at my LQS or online stores like yours. I do not shop thrift stores, rummage sales, estate sales, Walmart, Connecting Threads, ets. so my price per yard is high. (My choice - nothing against anyone else's choice.) This year I am spoiling myself and splurging on fabric - retirement is coming soon and then I won't be able to buy like this.

Last edited by sewmary; 08-01-2012 at 11:07 AM.