Thread: AccuQuiltGo
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Suzan88

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
This is the first I've heard of this machine. I have been out of the loop of quilting for awhile. Do you all like your Accu machines? Any advice for me when I thinking if I want one?
I have the Go! and the Studio. I've had two problems with the Go! dies - both bought from and returned to Jo-Anns for replacement. The second set worked perfectly. I've had a problem with the standard die - my 4.5" squares weren't square but the paper I tested the die with was so I'm thinking I must have put some material through off grain. I was cutting down Moda squares and if they weren't cut on grain that might explain it. I'd just assumed they would be.
Accuquilt offered to replace the hexagon die that had a kink in one side of the middle section but I would have had to pay shipping and it proved easier to wait until I was going into town - 70 miles away - later that week. Jo-Ann have no problem replacing faulty goods but I normally get my dies direct from Accuquilt.
Ebony Love is bringing out a book later this year on how to use all the top line die machines properly so that should prove useful since she's the person with 50 how-to videos on the subject online.