Old 08-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

By the way, I don't know what happened, but I missed a LOT of posts. Somehow my subscription to this thread got turned off! So ... sorry for all the posts.
I've been happily piecing while doing a nightmarish AARP defensive driving course online. Story: my son's fiance told us that there was an express defensive driving course at the restaurant bar where she works. Yes, a DD class at a bar. The cost was $50. Well, always looking for a bargain, I looked up the AARP class online. Looked like it was $12.95 so I proceeded to sign up. Nope $24.95 if you're in New York. Oh well. Fast forward to last week. DH, son and FDIL go to the bar. They're home in an HOUR! Seems the instructor was a friend of the bar owner so all they did was fill out forms, pay the money and that was that.
Meanwhile, I am slogging through the most hellaciously boring class that requires you to telephone in a voice recognition a couple of times for every segment. I guess that's in case someone decides it is too horrid to do and pays their child to finish it for them.
I should have paid the $50.