View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 02:57 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by laurafet View Post
I had not heard of this before the other thread. It is a great idea. I am curious as to how receptive the funeral directors, assisted living directors, etc. are to the idea. I would think that in a retirement home/assisted living facility, that it would make losing a friend/neighbor so much easier when each individual ages nearer to their own passage, and sees a passage so much more often than those of us in the "outside world".
It' a common practice thorughout the Hospice organizations. I'm sure that other facilities use them ... and if not, would be receptive to the idea.

ITA it would be hard for those in retirement homes, assisted living facilities and nursing homes to see the removal of bodies. We all know it happens, and we know our time will come too ... though anything to comfort those directly connected to the deceased, as well as those with no specific connection, but connected due to circumstances, is well worth the effort.

One story I was told ... when the body bags and sheets were used, and bodies were removed, people in the halls, would turn away, somewhat in avoidance. Once the passage quilts were used, they noticed a different reaction ... somewhat a drop of heads/eyes in respect.

The first step is to ASK ... would you be interested .... and go from there!

SilverQueen ... that's wonderful news! I know DebCavan will be touched to know two more Passage Quilts will soon exist.

DebCavan ... What a nice memory for you, to know there will be two more passage quilts (and hopefully many more) thanks to your sharing your personal story and loss!