Old 08-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Charlee

Originally Posted by crewsemj View Post
A friend and I went to Eugene to just to go to thrift stores without the hubby's!! Since I've been wanting a cheep machine that I didn't feel like I could ruin I figured $9.99 was cheep enough. Have now seen one of these mentioned on here before but that could mean I just forgot!! After I carried the HEAVY thing to the counter she only charged me $8.00 and some change. (Senior discount) I had plugged it in at the store and it ran. After getting home I noticed it had had a Singer foot peddle put on it. That is plastic so I knew it wasn't the one that came with the machine.

The writing is in fancy lettering and as near as I can figure out it says
RH Macy & Co
??
New York

On the end of the arm it says " The Eldredge Rotary Manufactured by National Sewing Machine Co. Belvidene, Ill.

Now Charlee, you told me once what the feet we called for my "New Home" and this has the same kind. Please tell me again so I can write it down this time and then I can forget where I put it!!!

Got to find a needle for it (I hope) and see if I can figure out how to thread it. Then if it works will try to sweet talk hubby to build a case for it.

If any of you know anything about this machine please let me know.
Nice machine Margie!! I'm not sure what you want to know about the feet? Are you talking about "top clamp"? Did you check to see if the feet I sent for the New Home would fit this one?