Thread: Fabric Prices
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 03:04 AM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I pay the high prices. I shop at LQSs. I never go to thrift stores (we don't have any) or yard sales or Craig's list. I buy online also, but from Fat Quarter Shop and other places that aren't cheap. I guess I don't mind paying what they are asking. I think it's a fair price now a days. I pay $10.99-$11.99 per yard. I see Connecting Threads is having a sale on some of their fabric for $2.96 a yard, and I almost bought some, but couldn't bring myself to do it. I bought some fabric from them about 3 years ago and didn't care for it and gave it all away, so I'm staying with the stuff I know. I don't know if CT sells better fabric now or not, but what I bought before, you could see through it. It was soooo flimsy. I really don't mind paying for fabric. I'm not rich, by any means. I don't buy a lot of fabric, but when I do, I try to buy good quality. And I refuse to step foot in Walmart. I won't buy anything at all that Walmart sells. Even if TVs were on sale for $50, I wouldn't go in there. They have hurt our town so much...closed down so many stores downtown...vacant buildings everywhere now. All because of Walmart.
I buy fabric from just about every "major" brand out there. I also buy from Connecting Threads & have never been anything but pleased with their fabric. I don't find it flimsy in the least. I do find the colors are rather unique... kind of like Jinny Beyer colors are unqiue, but that's no biggie.

I wouldn't have WalMart fabric if they gave it to me. One of my quilting teachers gave a lecture about their fabric & it really slammed my eyes open (the inferior greige goods -- I think they're called -- used, the fading). Nope... not if they gave it to me.

I buy way more fabric than I "should" but I do try to get it on sale.