Old 08-02-2012, 03:35 AM
JNCT14

Originally Posted by sharoney View Post
I have an EZ Quilter frame that is very similar to the Ken frame in your pic. I used it for about a year and quilted all sizes except for King on it. Then last October I bought a Juki 2010, with a larger throat space, and because I enjoy FMQ so much, I just quit using the frame. I didn't like to have to keep rolling and unrolling the quilt, and the space just wasn't big enough- my machine was always bumping against the rails in front and back. I'm probably the only person alive who doesn't dream of having a LA! I just really love FMQ- I've gotten pretty good at it.
You aren't believe me. I looked at frames, and long arms, and in the end decided that my mid arm does a great job at FMQ and it sure doesn't seem to have the learning curve, the space requirements or the set up times that a long arm requires. I can puddle even the big quilts, and because my sewing table is a drop leaf, i bring it up to support the weight of the quilt as I FMQ. I did a Carpenter's Wheel recently (posted in Pictures) that was all done on the mid arm. I mark the designs with chalk as I go. Its fun!