View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 05:27 AM
CanadianGirl

Default What have I gotten myself into?

My boyfriend has decided to take an interest in my sewing by learning how to clean and repair the machines...so I went on our local classified and found some cheapies for him to play with...I had to get this one because it is lavender, and purple is my favorite colour. It works. The foot pedal doesn't match. It is missing the faceplate. There are no markings to indicate a name or model. I think it might be Japanese made as the rubber band (I can't think of the proper term right now, too early in the morning) says "made in Japan". There looks like a "JA-4" and a "S1" are raised in the metal on the underneath but the "J" could be a Japanese letter because it's a pretty lame version of the letter J. Any insight would be great! The little helper is my daughter...she has to be involved! lol
Also, it came in this cabinet (same cabinet as my 1948 Singer) and is electric but has zigzag (which my 1948 Singer does not).
Any input, especially on where to get the missing faceplate (2.5"x3"), would be great!
Attached Thumbnails sewing-machine-002.jpg   sewing-machine-001.jpg   sewing-machine-003.jpg   sewing-machine-004.jpg   sewing-machine-005.jpg  

sewing-machine-006.jpg