Thread: New idea
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Tiffany
I love the quilt design. Do you design a lot of quilts? I must say, you've really got my creative juices flowing with this design. Amazing! Do you know what technique you'll use for the pattern? It seems to lends itself both to paper piecing and simple piecing techniques. I can picture it done in earthy colors, scrappy and with perhaps a light to dark effect across the top.

If you draw a line through the larger black and pink shapes, they will turn into half square triangles. Have you sewn with half square and quarter square triangles before? If not, I can see where they might look a bit intimidating.
~Tiffany
Lately I've been coming up with a ton of ideas for quilts. This is one of my better ones. Got the idea after seeing two blocks shown side by side on a book cover that was advertised in an old quilting magazine I got. Originally, it was a double pinwheel and a pinwheel in a square, but I changed the pinwheel in a square to a square in a square. The extra pinwheel made it too busy. Played around with the color a bit and came up with this design.

Not sure about the technique for this pattern. I'm assuming just simple piecing techniques. I haven't done triangles period. Its not the sewing I'm terribly worried about...its the cutting. And obviously I've never done a double pinwheel or a square in a square (not sure if those are the technical names of the blocks, but you get what I mean).

I think I'll do the colors that are shown (black, hot pink, white), but I might replace the hot pink with a purple. I'm not sure just yet. Either way, something that has a Goth/Punk color scheme.