Old 08-02-2012, 06:15 AM
quiltinglady-1

Originally Posted by peacequiltingnana View Post
Thanks to all of you. Believe me, I have tried every kind of thread that's made (well probably not all) and it does prefer certain threads over others but that's not the only issue. And forget the BSR (which is one of the main reasons I bought it). The spring has been replaced and it still doesn't work. I've restored to the darning foot and it does much better with that. Thank you for the suggestions. The dealer has been helpful and wants me to be happy and maybe they would be willing to work something out with me. I'll contact them. I haven't touched the Bernina today. Fortunately I also have a Pfaff 2056 and she has just been sewing her little heart out this afternoon with not one problem - and not one temper tantrum!!!

I think if I were having so much trouble with my machine, I would really give serious consideration to purchasing a different brand. I have several friends that have Bernina's and have had them in the shop many times for expensive repairs, but I have been lucky with the brand that I have. Quilters spend a lot on these machines to only have continued expensive repairs. You could use that repair money to buy a more reliable machine. Just my two cents worth... lol