Old 08-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Bobbielinks

If the quilt was quilted with an edge to edge design stitched by the quilter from the back of the machine it might be that the quilter did not realize that puckers had been stitched in. If it were my quilt, (and I am a longarm quilter) I would take it back to the quilter and explain to her/him that I was planning to enter it in a show and wanted to know if she could removed the puckers. Sometimes it is possible to remove a pucker with a bit of steam without needing to rip out any stitches. Sometimes the quilting stitches need to be removed to take a pucker out. If the fabric is cotton a little spritz with water and a gentle rub will remove the needle holes. Seldom does a quilt need to be completely washed to remove the needle holes. (I could probably name 20 longarm quilters, many of whom quilt for show, and they have probably never quilted a top in which they didn't have to rip out and redo at least a little on it). I have been quilting for over 12 years on a longarm, have had several customer quilts entered in shows, taken several ribbons for quilting, and have always needed to rip out somewhere on a top. Just want to encourage you that your top can be fixed and ready for the show. Wishing the very best to you and a blue ribbon for your quilt.