View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:39 AM
justflyingin

Default Another reversible QAYG - nature/floral

Inspired by a completely reversible scrappy quilt shown here a while ago by postal packin' mam http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t192134.html
(and it was gorgeous), and new to QAYG, I decided I really liked it. Looking around my sewing room, I came across some nature squares already cut out with a note in the ziploc bag to make them up and add a few more, etc. I decided to try to make a completely reversible quilt.

While mine is nowhere the actual work of art that hers was, I am very pleased with the end result.

A couple of things I did differently...I made the strips inbetween the blocks wider--as I like a bit wider sashing--so mine are 1" wide finished and not 1/2". In order to make the big border, I just quilted a 11" wide piece of fabric and applied it, then put the next one, and then I bound it.

The front side is completely "nature", or appropriate for a man--not one flower to be seen anywhere--any little prints are leaves or just random swirls or texture, while the second side is decidedly more feminine. I used what I had in the sewing room for the back side, but am pleased with the effect.

I'm posting a closeup for those of you who think that only those who do perfect work will show it. Mine isn't perfect, but I'm okay with it. The overall effect, to me, is very pleasing. My husband commented on it while I was working on it--that he liked it.
Attached Thumbnails nature-sidesmaller.jpg   smaller-floral-side.jpg   bothsides-smaller.jpg   smaller-closeup.jpg