View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:41 AM
JEM2012

I certainly don't begrudge her trying to make money either, I just had never considered that someone might view pinning as different than a link, because I've always thought of it as a different and better type of link. If it were my site, I would prefer a pin because someone is more likely to look back to the original based on a gorgeous photo than a text link. For example, I wouldn't know she existed if I hadn't seen her quilts on Pinterest. But if that's her preference I certainly won't do it! I was just explaining why I hadn't thought it was an issue. I deleted the pin from my pinterest account, and I would take down the photo here but it won't let me edit or delete the old post, unfortunately.

There is definitely nothing preventing pinning on her site though. I've pinned directly from it from my home computer, and just tried it on my work computer and it worked, and I've seen her pins on pinterest several times. It is technically possible to pin from her Etsy site as well. If you search "red pepper quilts" on pinterst, hundreds of pictures from her site come up, and that doesn't account for the hundreds of repins from those pins. So if she thinks she is blocking pinning, something is not set up correctly. She does block pinning from her flickr page (I just tried it), but that doesn't block pinning of posts on her own blog or on her Etsy store that use pictures from the flickr.

Last edited by JEM2012; 08-02-2012 at 09:49 AM.