View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Sandy1951

Eddie,

Somehow I missed this thread. When I saw it tonight, I first looked at the post and pics of the quilt. I have to admit my first thought was that this was a rather sophisticated choice of fabrics for a napping age toddler. Then I looked to see who posted it and realized that your daughter Meagan is a teenager, I believe, which makes much more sense. :mrgreen:

Anyway, it's a beautiful quilt and your quilting looks great. So glad to hear you enjoyed doing FMQ. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to and hope I'm successful. Have you ever read Diane Gaudynski's book "Guide to Machine Quilting?" She's a world-renowned home machine heirloom quilter and started machine quilting using a vintage machine (which I'll also be doing). She tells a story in the book about one of her early experiences with machine quilting. She was so intent and focused on quilting that she didn't realize her sewing machine was burning up. Her husband came home to find the basement full of smoke while Diane was busily quilting. She hadn't noticed the smoke or realized her shoe was melting to the foot pedal until her husband pointed it out! I hope my vintage machine holds up a little better than hers did. Now she uses a Bernina.

Anyway, good job! Has your other daughter asked for a napping quilt yet?

Sandy