Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM
texpat45

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
I don't know about you but to me, the only thing worse than "having" to do something is having someone "help" me. Maybe it's just me... I'm an only child so I like to do things solo... unless it's my idea to work as a team. I'm a real witch, aren't I? LOL!
Oh, Burchquilts, I think you're my sister from another mother!! It's not just you. Those are my sentiments exactly and, yes, I'm an only child, too! I don't even join swaps...that would be a deadline and I don't do deadlines anymore! I don't offer to make anything for anybody even my children & grand,children. As someone else said if I want to make them something, I'll keep it to myself until it's done. Years ago I made almost all my own clothing, sewed for other people and was a partner in a craft business doing sewn items and I came to hate sewing. I even quit for a few years. When I came back to sewing, I vowed to make only want I wanted to, when I wanted to, and no self-imposed deadlines. And now that I'm retired I'm even more intent on adhereing to that vow. "Read, sew, eat, repeat." The perfect motto!!