View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 PM
nhweaver

I do quilts for charity, but never 20 in a month. That has to be some type of marathon record. I am doing my first quilt for kids, and I am going to top quilt it myself, it is small enough to fit in the throat of my machine. It has taken me a month, it is ready to be quilted, and bound. I have the next one planned, I bought the fabric at Hancocks on their 50% off racks, I check for good quality before I buy. There are lots of sites for donating pillowcases, does your area have a women's safe house shelter? If so I would call them and see if they would accept childrens pillow cases. Most times the kids come without anything.

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I feel horrible. I have never given a quilt to charity. I give them to family only, and to my husband. I buy the expensive fabric and have them LA quilted and I don't know if I could spend that much money on a quilt and then give it to charity. That would be like $250. Am I horrible??? I don't machine quilt, so I can't defray the cost of the quilt by doing it myself. I give them as Christmas, Anniversary, birthday, etc. gifts. I just don't know if I could donate one. Now I feel bad. I read how all of you donate so many of your quilts. 20 a month? I don't make that many in a year. I feel guilty for not donating. Maybe I could make pillowcases and donate them, but I just can't do a $250 quilt.