Old 08-02-2012, 03:28 PM
gramajo

Default "Driving Tammy Nuts", my family silhouettes quilt

I'll be downsizing within the next year and won't have room for my gallery of family silhouettes that have been cut and framed over the years, starting with the two of my brother and me from 1948. I decided to make a quilt from them and also added other family members (sons-in-law and GDs as we currently look.

I used background fabrics for each person's interest at the time they were cut. I wanted to use Tinker Toys, Lincoln logs or erector set fabrics for my brothers' young years. Can you believe I couldn't find any of them? I ended up using racing helmets and motocross for them as those were their passions as adults. Can you tell which one is my 13yo GD?

I embroidered names, birth dates and, in two cases, death dates near each head.

I wanted some kind of family picture gallery for backing and found 'The Ghastlies Family Portraits'. Kinda fits some of us.

The making of this quilt helped ease some of my sadness at having to move. I'll always have the memories. I did have a lot of fun making it.

By the way, the name of it came from me driving my DD crazy with all of my questions.
Attached Thumbnails img_0420.jpg   img_0447.jpg   img_0446.jpg