View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 05:19 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

GGal ... as a Lake Osoyoos-ian that makes you another almost Canuck too!! <clap> <clap> <clap>

Muv ... Cheers!!! (said in a fully Brit way!) ... what else but a teapot quilt for you, to make it totally British! Hey, that could be entered in the Patriotic thread too! And too, the Jubilee quilt is to be QAYG? Now that was a surprise, I wasn't expecting!

Jenniky ... I really like how all the nations meet here on the QB for a common interest of Quilting. Kind of like the Olympic spirit, in a sense!! Yes, Muv likes to wait til the end, though she also likes to give us teaser photos while in progress!!

Welcome!!! one and all that have joined the thread since I last dropped by. There's been some really nice blocks shown that are going to be used for this project as we work along together. I keep remembering some of the different PUPs that I have, and are candidates when I start sewing with you!

FMQ Foot? ... for those that are Janome users, they offer a FMQ specific foot with three interchangeable feet. My preference is the plastic large cupped foot. It's far nicer to use than the standard Darning Foot. I know it fits my 6600, and several of their other models. Also, another good investment is the blue dot bobbin case to use when FMQing. Til I had these, I abhorred FMQ and was convinced there was no way I would ever "like" it. Now, I'm starting to go beyond liking ... and into the loving stage!

For non-Janomes, I suspect there may be other possibilities. One that I've read about is a "blue foot" and I think it is a generic foot for several machine. I believe it is somewhat similar to the plastic one I am using with mine.

Keep going Ladies ... I'm looking forward to cheering as the first QAYG Olympic medals are awared

Last edited by QuiltE; 08-02-2012 at 05:30 PM.