View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Jim

I havent bought fabric...without a purpose...for well over a year now...I have a HUGE stash and only buy anything I need now if on sale or with a coupon. I have saved a ton of money by NOT buying any that I wanted without a purpose. I have become more frugal(if that's possible). I coupon on everything...my groceries and fabric especially. A woman and her husband who were behind me in the grocery lane yesterday commented they had never seen a man who shopped so well and organized. Everything I bought was on sale except a few meat items and had coupons for almost everything. When I started using coupons my grocery bills dropped 40 to 60%. Items go on sale in 3 months increments and I buy enough to last that long. As for fabric I have enough to last for 30 years...I made 8 quilts for Christmas gifts last year...all from my stash. Only fabric I buy right now is for my 30s collection and I only buy 1/4 yard at a time. BTW...Yesterday my groceries for the month before coupons came to $244.00. I paid $111.00