View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 05:26 AM
Yarn or Fabric

We're going on vacation next week and I wanted to make a smallish bag for going on vacation. I came up a tutorial online (heartofmary's) and went for it - tweaking it to add a zippered pocket across the front flap. I'm not too keen on the magnetic snap I installed - it is REALLY strong and kind of a pain in the butt. I'm wondering if there are different strengths to those things... I'll look in to it but man o man this magnetic clasp is strong!

It zippers across the top as well which in hindsight is really not all that necessary - if anything it's a bother. My next one won't have that feature. Some things in life just aren't needed ya know?

Anyhoo... here's a few shots of my new bag.
It's 8x8 with a 1 1/2-2" gusset on the sides. It took nearly all day to make since I made some mistakes along the way - and also decided to change some things after sewing them (like the front flap. I decided I had to have that zippered pocket across the front so I started that part over.

I do plan on making another one - bigger and better - for everyday use. That's on my to do list for after I get back from visiting the Mouse in Florida...

Here's the zipper on the flap. You don't really see it much on the shot of the bag since it is at the top..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49899[/ATTACH]

Inside the bag - zippered pocket. The button fabric on the inside is the front inside pockets. Can't have enough pockets!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49900[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-7719.jpe   attachment-49899.jpe   attachment-49900.jpe