Old 08-03-2012, 07:34 AM
quiltstringz

I would like to hear from some LAs about this. I am not sure it is fair to have them put in a ton of time going over your quilt top (time is money). Also if they have something on their frame and come across an issue, how long do they wait for you to get back to them? It probably also depends on the type of quilting you are having done - all over or custom. I think that we should know if we put our borders on the correct way or skimped and just threw them on - I have heard that this is one of most common things they see. I have heard - haven't tried it yet, that you can put your top on a table top and pull it across to see where you have any bubbles or extra fabric - haven't got to try it yet. Unfortunately when it is on the ironing board everything seems to lie flat even when it is not. I know they normally give you a list of things that you need to do (have everything square, threads trimmed, make sure all seams are sewn, etc.).

Maybe we can hear what the most common mistakes are - I would be interested so that I would know where to pay attention.