View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
"Don't get me started on this home demolition. Don't these fools know there are people out yonder who'd love their "OUTDATED" cabinets and fixtures?????????????? did they ever hear of the "ReStore" store? "

I guess they smash the cabinets, etc. to spark our interest and to show how frustrated the owners are with their old stuff but it is a shame. It is easier and quicker to unscrew the kitchen cabinets than to smash them and then unscrew them Old cabinets can be sold or in our case we put them up in our garage for DH's workshop and storage.

Does anyone remember when This Old House did projects on small houses? My DH learned a lot from those old shows. Now they only do huge projects remodeling entire huge houses and there isn't anything that the average homeowner can learn to do themselves as there are always 'experts' doing the remodeling. What every happened to Do It Yourself?
I LOVED the original This Old House. Loved Bob Vila! All home improvement shows now are filled with controversy, which seems to be what drives tv, period. Reality Renovations, in which couples argue over their mistakes; Room Trashers, or Yard Crashers or whatever! Or these house hunters walking through million dollar houses who complain about the brand new appliances because they are not all stainless or because the granite on the countertops is the wrong color! I guess there are viewers who like living that fantasy but it just irritates me. (getting off the soap box.....) ;-)