Thread: Cheater fabric
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:20 AM
cscray

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
i am going to jump right in here & be CRABBY! what a HORRIBLE- NEGATIVE term to apply to a wonderful useful piece of fabric!
i have never understood the whole (negative- CHEATER) reference some people place on panals- I have made some absolutely beautiful- expensive quilts using panal fabrics- i did not CHEAT- i worked hard- and created a beautiful item- which took many hours- it is no different than using any other piece of printed fabric- in my mind-anyone who considers a panal a cheater- should not be using anything except solids- ever- they should not even look at a print fabric.
there is no reason to place something so negative on a valuable resource....and panals can become fabulous quilts and other items- just like the other fabrics we use-
ok- off my soap-box for today-
I understand what you are saying. I work in a fabric store and we have ladies that come in and want to do something but do not have time it takes to cut and sew up a "normal" quilt. We also have ladies that come in and think that cutting all the little pieces and then sewing them back together is weird. So the panels and some yardage that looks like a quilt works for them. We have several pillow panels that have been turned into quilts.