Old 08-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Johanna Fritz

Former employee and thread starter here: your comment "As I understand it their cash registers are set up to deduct the extra 20%-25% coupon off every thing but not those coupons that were rung up on the register. " - that is correct. They are not supposed to be using another discount on your coupon. That is why I watch for their discounts, to which these apply. Also, if you have the 10% VIP card from your quilt guild (register online) you can use that %10 off when they mark something down too - like if you did not have the coupon.

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
I'm not trying to be a bugger here, but check your receipts when you get into your car (if you can understand them~~I find them very confusing!). As I understand it their cash registers are set up to deduct the extra 20%-25% coupon off every thing but not those coupons that were rung up on the register.

As to how I found that out, one time I made a large amount of purchases and figured I would be spending about such and such... The actual total kind of blew my mind so I checked the receipt (and did the math in my car) and walked back to the checkout clerk where it was explained to me that the total purhase coupon did not take off an additional percentage of those items purchased with a coupon. That is when I decided to shop a little more carefully and to read the fine print.

Maybe all JoAnn's don't have the new registers.