View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 AM
LynnVT

I've been retired for one year, three months, and three days and enjoying every minute! I have not gotten stuck in a lot of "do-good" stuff as many retirees do, though I chaired our church yard sale in May, and do my share for various things. Nothing regular, though, as I didn't want to get into an unpaid job. Oh, but I do proofread for a local advertiser paper Tuesday mornings in exchange for ad space for the church. Mostly, though, I quilt A LOT. I've made some things for me, my butterfly quilt, and some that I will display in the September guild show. Also making things for church craft sale, which is a win-win for me. Just finishing up a chemo quilt for a friend. Have some samples in progress for a class I want to teach at our guild in the fall. I don't have the money to buy much, but using stash and buying a bit here and there as needed. We spend way too much time at various doctor appointments, etc. but maintaining the aging body has its demands, especially for DH who has various issues off and on. But I am walking almost an hour almost every morning, really early now that it's hot. I swim most days at 5pm adult swim time at town pool. And this year, for the first time in many years, I planted a small veggie garden which needs minimal tending and regular watering. I'm playing cards now and then with a group of friends, involved in book club which is mostly about the great pot luck suppers and a chance to gab with great girls. Life is SO good! Oh, and yeah, I do spend time here, but I consider it socializing and educating myself on my craft.