View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 12:39 PM
DogHouseMom

I know of a few people who have regular type jobs but work from their homes as opposed to an office. One of them is an Insurance Claims Adjuster and the other is an Editor for a University Journal.

Both of these people were first hired as regular employee's who went to work every day and were then able to convert to a work-at-home job. I know both of them are required to go into the office on regular basis (one weekly, the other monthly), both are required to keep a log of their hours, and both tell me that it does take a good self discipline to say "I'm going to work for 8 hours from home" and REALLY work. They said it's soooo easy to go from "well I'll just change a load of clothes real quick" to "I'll change a load of clothes, then run the vacuum, and start dinner - and oh it's so pretty outside I think I'll water the garden" and the list keeps getting longer and longer. They now shirk ALL home responsibilities and act as if they are NOT at home - except they're wearing their jammies

I'm honest enough with myself to say that I don't think I have the self discipline to work at home for any length of time - although it sounds soooo tempting.