View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

there really are lots of work from home jobs- many office type jobs are done at home now days- it saves the companies lots of money- jobs like Medical Transcription, Court transcription, marketing- telemarketing, lots of innovative jobs people have come up with on their own- found ways to make things, do things, sell things they make or provide from home.
you need to decide on the skill you want to use to create your own home-job, research what it takes, figure out how much time you can spend- then market your (job)
the get rich quick- too good to be true (s) are generally scams/ too good to be true- but with hard work, organization, and a true desire you can create successful ones.
just remember- people who own their own business seldom can afford to have any time off & work alot more hours than a person who goes to a job for 8 hours a day-then goes home- it takes dedication....and sometimes it takes years to reach the point where you can actually pay your bills with it- i know a few (at home) business owners who also work outside the home- and tend to put in 75+ hours a week between the 2- dreaming of the day when they can quit the outside job- but now with the medical insurance requirements= and other tax changes it may take longer to be able to afford to actually support yourself/household.
i do pretty good with my quilting business- but there is a definite (season) and i do still have a couple months of slow time every year- i also work 80-126 hours every 2 weeks outside my home which is another (self-employed) position- it just takes me out of the house 5 days a week ---- home based business is a definite change from a 9-5 job!