Thread: Posture
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:36 PM
LORNAD

Hi! I had the same thing. My shoulder hurt so bad I couldn't sleep at night. I would roll on it and it would wake me up. I tried a chiropractor and it didn't work. Went to the Dr. and she said it was frozen shoulder. I looked it up and thought I would just wait and see if it got better. It didn't so went back to her and she referred me for physical therapy. It was great. I went about two or three times a week for about four weeks. Then he gave me exercises to do. And the pain went away. I have had a couple of flare ups since and if I do the exercises for a while it goes away. It sure beats being in pain. Also if you don't do something about it you can actually damage it where it won't recover. So don't wait to do it.

Originally Posted by tdgiffin View Post
I love to sew, and I hate it when things get in the way of it.

I have developed some pretty severe shoulder pain in my left shoulder. It has gotten to the point that it makes it very hard for me to sew at times. I went to my doctor, and she thinks that I have either developed a bursitis, or I have damaged the muscle that leads up the back of my arm and into the joint. All I know is that it hurt like crazy, and I don't like to take a lot of pills. Ice works until I take it off. You can't sew with an ice pack on your shoulder!

I have medicine for it that I can take if I want to, but I am also wondering if I am doing something with my posture that may be irritating this. How do you generally sit at your machine? Is there something ergonomic that you do?