View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 04:33 AM
oleganny

I worked from home for many years after I retired - would still be working if hadn't developed bronchial spasms making it difficult to talk for any period of time. I worked for West at Home, ACDD, & Live Ops. At West I took calls for HSN & many of the infomercial products. There were also special projects, such as Red Cross, & product recalls. You are an employee with West, & they only hire in certain states - something about local income tax. With ACDD it was mostly PBS fundraisers I took calls for, but they also had special projects, sometimes. With Live Ops I took calls for the infomercial products, & they also had special projects. You are an IC with ACDD & Live Ops. For the most part you can set your own hours & the money is pretty good for sitting in your pjs - lol. You need to pass a background check, have high speed internet access & a dedicated phone line - (my dedicated line cost me about $25 a month. Keep track of all work related expenses & they are deductible on your taxes - If you have a home office (as I did) dedicated to my work, you can also deduct a portion of your household expenses but keep very good records on this as uncle sam looks at it pretty hard if you come up with a lot of deductions of that type. My target income was $500 a month gross, but I could & did make $1000 or more a month if I wanted to buckle down & work the extra hours. There are more reputable companies out there, too but some of them have a non compete clause, which means you can only work for them & I figured 3 companies were enough to make sure that I could always get hours when I wanted them.
Good Luck & Hugs
Shirley in Indiana