Old 08-04-2012, 06:06 AM
candi

Wink My first TWO nephews are arriving this fall)))Baby quilt number ONE

How does one go from no nephews or nieces to getting two in the same month??? My brother and sister are both expecting this Fall..one in the beginning of September and the other in the beginning of October and they are both having BOYS! Would have rather them mixing it up,lol, joking of course. But these will be the first grand-babies for my parents and needless to say we are all so excited and of course I wanted to make them quilts My first baby quilts I may add, and I enjoyed the process so much.

First I asked my brother and SIL if they had any color requests, they are kind of particular with what they like, and they said that the nursery is in greens and browns. Ok, green and brown..I like that.
Then while visiting with them a couple of months ago, my SIL was showing me some of the clothes she bought for the baby and she mentioned that she loves monkeys..so of course light bulb goes on! Greens, browns and monkeys! I started hunting for the perfect fabric and found it! Then started thinking designs and possibilities and came up with using cube blocks with monkeys and baby's name. It was fun making it, although trying to match all the points in the cubes was a bit stressful! But it was all so worth it, I love the outcome and so do the parents And I am thrilled they liked it, because when I was hunting for the perfect fabric, many ladies at the LQSs suggested I add more colors as green and brown don't say baby, and I see their point, but I wanted something that my SIL would like (and hence use) so coming up with a baby friendly quilt with these colors was my challenge..and I see the quilt is soo ready for the baby, don't you?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353425[/ATTACH]

Machine embroidered applique detail:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353426[/ATTACH]

Baby's name applique detail:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353427[/ATTACH]

Pieced backing with leftover fabrics and label:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353428[/ATTACH]
Thanks all for looking. I will be posting second baby quilt photos in a new thread so as to not overload this one,lol.

Attached Thumbnails g1.jpg   g2.jpg   g3.jpg   g4.jpg