View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 06:38 AM
leighway

I've been "retired" for 2.5 years now...actually was layed off from a high stress corporate job and after some reflection, realized that I didn't HAVE to go back to work. I was old enough to start my SS and had a pension here and there. I realized that I had been gifted from Heaven!!
I remember my first "retired" day I spent at the computer for 8 hours, just like I had at work...old habits die hard. I still spend too much time online but oh the things I've learned and the friends I've made especially on FB. With the computer, and going to the gym 5 days a week, and 5 dogs, 2 cats and a house to clean and a husband to feed lunch and dinner to etc. I find it hard to break away and go sew. The answer is a timer and better time management. You'd never know I actually taught time management in several companies!
I've seen about 5 of us here mention timers and mine is right to my left at the computer. But, no matter what, I go to QB to see what's up. I've learned so many good things here...the latest being Pinmoors. Whoever recommended them should be sainted!! I ordered, used and LOVE!. Meanwhile, I'm too darned busy to lose myself in quilting and I regret it. Hence, a new leaf....just as soon as I look at the pics posted today!