Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 AM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by texpat45 View Post
Oh, Burchquilts, I think you're my sister from another mother!! It's not just you. Those are my sentiments exactly and, yes, I'm an only child, too! I don't even join swaps...that would be a deadline and I don't do deadlines anymore! I don't offer to make anything for anybody even my children & grand,children. As someone else said if I want to make them something, I'll keep it to myself until it's done. Years ago I made almost all my own clothing, sewed for other people and was a partner in a craft business doing sewn items and I came to hate sewing. I even quit for a few years. When I came back to sewing, I vowed to make only want I wanted to, when I wanted to, and no self-imposed deadlines. And now that I'm retired I'm even more intent on adhereing to that vow. "Read, sew, eat, repeat." The perfect motto!!
LOL . You are both only children and I am the eldest of 6 , I still want to do things on my own cause I can do it "better and faster"... I love my alone time... I do get more accomplished if I have a deadline though