View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 07:21 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I went around my home this morning and did some pics and now think I can show you most of the quilting methods/styles that Jenniky has asked for pics.

Meandering ... often referred to as doodling or scribbling!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353434[/ATTACH]

Stippling ... to me it's just tiny meandering
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353435[/ATTACH]

Top -- Stitched Both Sides of the Ditch; perhaps some would call this Echo?
Bottom -- Cross Hatching; it's a square grid on the diagonal, often done for square block assemblies, but not just for that.
Diamond Grid is the same idea, with rows of stitching crossing to make the diamond
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353436[/ATTACH]

Top -- Strip Quilting -- also called Stitch and Flip. No stitching shows from the top/front as once sewn, you flip your strip over to cover the stitching. From the back, you will see all the stitching.
Bottom Left -- SITD outlining each of the colour/fabric changes.
Bottom Right -- Stippling, see close up above.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353437[/ATTACH]

Stippling -- Cream background
SITD -- Outline where colours change
Top Stitching -- diagonal lines along sleeve edge; perhaps it would be called Echo Quilting?
Echo Quilting can be very effective around curved edges such as flowers and is often done in several rows or layers.
Cross Hatching on the black print but I doubt you can see that!
Not a quilting method/style but something that can add interest and dimension is a flange ... see the gold strips.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353440[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps everyone!!!

P.S. ... took awhile to put this post together, as I got interrupted watching our first Canadian Gold for the Olympics! Yeaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails qayg-010.jpg   qayg-003.jpg   qayg-008.jpg   qayg-001.jpg   qayg-018.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 08-04-2012 at 07:34 AM.