View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 08:05 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Jenniky ... While I was doing pics, and then getting them ready in a post .... and watching the Olympics, you've put up another good post. Very intuitive on your part about some of what I was thinking/meaning but did not type. Also, some good discussion points.

Yes, heritage quilts need special attention to ensure they last. I tend to think that my quilts will not be such, being that I don't have the family to enjoy and appreciate them. That being said, I still strive to do the best I can do and know how to do at the time ... just because!!! More important, I don't want to see them fall apart with the first wash!! So yes, perhaps I overdo what is necessary, but that's just me! Err on the side of caution.

Oh my, what I have learned and how my abilities have changed and developed thru time. I think my biggest improvements have come since being part of the QB community ... I have learned SO much, thanks to so many who share so willingly on the boards.

I like the discussions we have and credit to you Jenniky for trying to encourage these within this thread. Yes, you caught me ... there is no "one" right way for anything ... and no "no-no's" exist! Sometimes it's a good reason for us to say "why"? or why not? I see it as gathering information ... and then do what makes sense for myself.

Often times, it's like a patchwork quilt of ideas that I've picked up in bits and pieces and then changed to what works for me!