View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 09:37 AM
NanaCsews2

I am not a long-armer. I have never taken my quilts to anyone else to quilt, or even look at for that matter. I do plan on getting a frame for my machines-down the road. I have read so many posts on here from many who have questions about sending their quilts out, and the responses by the longarmers or domestic quilters. I have not investigated nor perused any sites regarding longarm quilting, and/or sending them out. That said, I think your article is very informative and certainly opened my eyes to questions I still had after reading all the other posts on the Board regarding the issues they have. I will print this out if you don't mind for future reference. To me, it all makes sense. Very well said. And if you get any flack about your post, I am very interested in those responses too.
By the way, if you think of anything else to add to your message, be sure to let us know! Thanks for highlighting several issues and answering a few questions I had. While reading it I imagined you shaking your head every time you read a post from someone with a question or concern about puckers, wavy borders, split seams, poor stitching, etc. etc. When you know your craft, you know your craft.