View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 03:37 PM
ArizonaKAT

Default Got a twin to my FW Trouble

My friend's son is starting up a consignment business in Phoenix and had a FW on Craigslist. I went to the warehouse this morning and took a personal tour . . . and found a treasure chest of vintage machines that they know nothing about.

I took my foot pedal and cord to my FW because I knew the one there didn't have a cord. Other then that she was in almost perfect condition. Didn't have a case or a cord, but had the bobbin case. She turned on right away and just sewed away. . . had all her decals . . . AND no smell. How could I leave here there, right?

Along with the FW they had a really nice converted to electric redeye with almost perfect decals . . . in a really bad cabinet.

Also a partridge (27 I think) treadle, that ran in a really fancy carved out cabinet (I'm not sure what they call them either). The cabinet top would need a little work but the machine was nice. They were asking $500. I told them it was too much. I think they're going to lower the price.

There was an electric white rotary in a martha washington cabinet.

A couple of 15's in no cabinet . . . one a clone.

And a perfect shape beige 301 with no power cord. I used my cord again to test. The cabinet it was in was set up for a knee control but the control was missing. They want 197.

All in all the place is hugh and has anything anyone would want . . . if they could tough it out long enough to find it. They are still putting in AC and the place was being cooled by swamp coolers.

I want the redeye . . . in a different cabinet . . . and the cabinet that the partridge is in . . . and I'll take the partridge too.

AHHHHHHH! I can't go back there anymore :-(