View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Jennie and Me

As a long-arm quilter, I always stress the importance of accurate measuring and cutting, 1/4 inch seams and pressing. But then I always press a top(mine or a customers) before I load it on the machine. I float all of the tops, no matter what size and it seems to help with most wavy borders. However, I have gotten some tops that were sewn with anywhere from 1/8" to 1/2" seams with puckers already in the seams and to say those are a challenge is a mild understatement. Puckers will show up and there really isn't much you can do about it except try to hide them and most of the time it works. But you know what, the quilt still turns out beautiful and the customers end up happy and that pleases me. So far I've been fortunate enough to not receive a quilt that is beyond salvation. It's very gratifying to see pleasure in a customer's face or to get a thankful e-mail if it's by mail. It just makes my day!
Oh, and I want to add the importance of the backing and batting to be at least 3" bigger on all 4 sides. Way important!

Last edited by Jennie and Me; 08-04-2012 at 06:56 PM.