View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 02:47 AM
jillaine

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
How long must the fabric have been in our stash, before "finding" it? For a recent lap quilt, I bought "extra" because I'm really good at cutting wrong, if I don't buy extra (I consider it insurance). Turns out I ended up having enough, for a second top. Okay, guess that really shouldn't count, since it's less than a month old.
I'm not a very strict person. I'd say that leftovers from non-stash-"purchased" fabric becomes stash. Or do quilters distinguish their stash from their scraps/leftovers? I'm not sure I make that distinction myself.

Oh, and btw, this is not necessarily a scrappy challenge. Guess it depends on a) the size of your stash and b) the size of the pieces in your stash. But we've all seen stash photos that reveal that some of us on this board have stashes the size of small (and not-so-small?) LQSes!!! Some stashers (is that a nicer word than hoarders?) purchase entire bolts!

For myself, most of my stash collection is in half-yard increments because that was my "habit" for fabric purchasing for a good chunk of time. (Not sure why-- something about wanting to get as much variety as possible?) Somewhere in the last year, I shifted to full-yard purchases, and in some cases even two-yard purchases.

All this gives me another idea. If you feel like it, post a photo of your "stash-store"-- what are YOU "shopping" from?